Dear Software Developer:
The information contained on this page is
for those re-creating Delaware tax
Please Note: To include a Delaware tax return in your software package, each form must receive OCR Approval by the Delaware Division of Revenue. 2D Barcode forms will require additional testing and approval.
Step 1: At the start of the design year, SDs are required to submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following:
- Software Developer Name
- Contact Information
- NACTP Number
- A list of all forms you plan to include in your software package
- Whether you will support MeF - if yes, on which forms
- Whether you will support 2D barcodes - if yes, on which forms
- The preferred date you need all Delaware forms approved so you can release your product(s) on time
- Software Developer forms must match Delaware's form field sizes, placement, and anchor marks exactly Form Specs
- All forms require OCR Approval unless otherwise noted. 2D barcode forms require additional testing and approval. (More info below)
- All forms - even 2D Barcode forms - require a 1D barcode: Barcode Specs
Step 3: Determine if your form requires OCR or 2D Barcode Approval - do not mix OCR and 2D submissions.
All submissions must mimic what your users will submit using your software package. All PDF files should be saved at actual size.
There is no separate scanline testing for coupon forms this year. Scanlines will now be tested during the OCR Approval process.Approval Process
2D Barcode Testing:
- Field borders should be 1-point thickness, in black with 8% opacity. If you can't do 8% opacity, then remove field borders completely.
- Alpha characters should be in all caps.
- No commas in numeric fields; no dashes in TPID.
- No dashes in zip codes; please privide 9 digit zip codes in your test data samples.
- Save forms as actual size: provide 1 full-fill sample and 2 test data samples via email; do not mail samples.
- Each form should be saved as a separate file; do not combine multiple forms into one PDF.
- Include your NACTP number in the PDF file names.
- Email your PDF samples to email@example.com , and include your NACTP number in the title of your email.
- Available for Forms 200-01, 200-02, 1100, and 1100S
- Whenever possible, provide 2D barcodes on these forms
- Specs and approval process COMING SOON
- Whenever possible, forms will be approved/tested within 7 business days.
- Forms will contain a "DRAFT" watermark until finalized.
- You can receive approval on a "DRAFT" form, and we will notify you of any form changes that occur after your approval.
- Once you receive approval on a FINAL form, your form will be marked certified on our website. If scanning issues arise as the tax season progresses, we will work with you on making changes.
For E-mail Updates
Email updates will go through the NACTP listserv. If you need to receive email updates outside of this listserv, contact Leslie Poland at firstname.lastname@example.org . Add "Software Developer" in the subject line, and please include your name, contact information and company name in the body of your e-mail.
As always, we look forward to working
with you this year!