UNCLAIMED PROPERTY - ESCHEAT
The documents on this page are available in PDF format. This requires the use of an Acrobat Reader version 6.0 or higher, which may be downloaded free of charge from Adobe Systems.
OWNERS SEARCHING FOR UNCLAIMED PROPERTY
In order to claim property in Delaware, you must follow the steps below:
Step 1 Search for property that Delaware may be holding for you on the Unclaimed Property Lists page. Step 2
- If your name appears on the Unclaimed Property Lists page, complete and submit a Request Form.
- If your name does not appear on the Unclaimed Property Lists page, but you'd like Delaware to search its database for unclaimed property that may have been collected mid-year, complete and submit a Request Form.
You must include with your Request Form, the following information:
For property not listed in your name, you must also include:
- A photocopy of a valid, government-issued picture ID
- Your Social Security Number
- Documentation showing you have a legal right to claim the property
(Examples: For estates - A certified Letter of Testamentary or Small Estate Affidavit. For a living person - A notarized Power of Attorney (POA).)
- Your current mailing address, phone number and e-mail address
- Your social security number or federal identification number
- Indicate your relationship to the owner of the property
(Example: Self, Parent, Executor, Child, POA.)
Step 4 This Request Form is the first necessary step to locating your property. This is NOT the final claim form. Once your request is received, we will search our database and contact you with our findings.
- If the request is complete, and we find the property you are searching for, we will initiate a claim and send you the claim form (which will need to be completed and returned along with additional documentation). Included with this claim form will be additional directions for obtaining your property.
- If the request is incomplete or if we are not holding property in your name, you will receive a letter informing you that a claim could not be initiated.
Step 5 Are other states holding property for you? Check the NAUPA website and link to other states. Helpful Information
For Claims firstname.lastname@example.org General Questions 302-577-8220