Your Federal employer identification number must appear on all forms, attachments, and correspondence you send to the Division of Revenue along with an appropriate phone number.

If you have acquired the business from another employer, you cannot use the number assigned to that business. The Division of Revenue uses the Federal Employer Identification number or temporary number assigned by the Division of Revenue to identify the employer. No other numbers are valid. If you have not applied for an identification number, you should do so on Form SS4, available from any Internal Revenue Service office or the Social Security Administration. The employer identification number is also used to identify all Division of Revenue tax accounts.

Depositing Taxes