Skip to Page Content  |  Text Only Governor | General Assembly | Courts | Elected Officials | State Agencies
  Photo: Featured Delaware Photo
 RSS  Phone Numbers   Mobile   Help   Size   Print   Email

Department of Finance: Division of Revenue


Any contractor conducting a business activity in Delaware is required to register with and obtain a business license from the Delaware Division of Revenue.

To Become a Delaware Contractor:

Complete a Resident Contractors Package or Non-Resident Contractors Package. All necessary forms are included.

After the Delaware Division of Revenue receives a completed Contractors Package and the license fee, it will send you:

• a business license
• a "Tax Tips" package related to the activity of your business
• (throughout the year) personalized business tax forms

For Delaware Contractors:

Tax Tips for Contractors -  Explains contractor filing requirements, lists tax rates and exclusions, provides due dates and more.

General Contractor Forms

Form 1280 - Payments Made by General Contractors to Subcontractors
Form 1280-DEV - Deductions for Amounts Paid to Subcontractors
Form 5060 - Statement of Contracts Awarded
Form UC-1 - Report to Determine Liability
IAB Form Division of Industrial Affairs - Workers Compensation Proof of Insurance

Non-Resident Contractor Forms

Non-Resident Contractor - Bond
Non-Resident Contractor - Cash Bond Receipt Form
Non-Resident Contractor - Irrevocable Letter of Credit
Non-Resident Contractor - Letter for Contract Under $ 20,000

Contractor Licensing and Bonding Requirements, Tech Memo 93-5

For more information on contractors, please contact Richard Jezyk at or 302-577-8265.

For Bonding requirements please contact Juana Guerrero at or 302-577-8299.

Last Updated: Monday, 02-May-2016 15:51:40 EDT
site map   |   about this site   |    contact us   |

Link to the State of Delaware Web PortalLink to the State of Delaware Web PortalLink to Delaware Facts and Symbols