Any contractor conducting a business activity in Delaware is required to register with and obtain a business license from the Delaware Division of Revenue.
After the Delaware Division of Revenue receives a completed Contractors Package and the license fee, it will send you:
- a business license
- a "Tax Tips" package related to the activity of your business
- (throughout the year) personalized business tax forms
For Delaware Contractors:
Tax Tips for Contractors - Explains contractor filing requirements, lists tax rates and exclusions, provides due dates and more.
General Contractor Forms
- Form 1280 - Payments Made by General Contractors to Subcontractors
- Form 1280-DEV - Deductions for Amounts Paid to Subcontractors
- Form 5060 - Statement of Contracts Awarded
- Form UC-1 - Report to Determine Liability
- IAB Form Division of Industrial Affairs - Workers Compensation Proof of Insurance
Non-Resident Contractor Forms
- Non-Resident Contractor - Bond
- Non-Resident Contractor - Cash Bond Receipt Form
- Non-Resident Contractor - Irrevocable Letter of Credit
- Non-Resident Contractor - Letter for Contract Under $ 20,000
For more information on contractors, please contact Richard Jezyk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-577-8265.
For Bonding requirements please contact Juana Guerrero at email@example.com or 302-577-8299.