Typical Delaware Personal Income Tax refunds may take up to 10-12 weeks to process More Info

Delaware.gov logo
Division of

Q & A: Collection Process

If you’ve received a bill for unpaid taxes, you may find the following information and links helpful. If you have additional questions about your tax bill, you may call the number printed on the bill; or (302) 577-8208 if you’re calling from New Castle County and 1 (800) 292-7826 if you’re calling from Kent or Sussex Counties.

Q: What if I disagree with the amount of tax that the Division of Revenue says I owe?

Q: Who can I call to explain my situation (why I haven’t paid)?

Q: What do I do if I disagree with a Division of Revenue employee?

Q: What are my rights of appeal if I disagree with a Division of Revenue decision?

Q: Can I make monthly payments on my account?

Q: What if I can’t pay any amount? Will you take money out of my wages?

Q: Can I postpone paying my taxes until my financial condition improves?

Q: I’m an employer. What happens if I cannot pay my withholding taxes?

Q: What happens to my tax refund if I owe taxes for a prior year?

Q: Does owing taxes have an effect on my credit?

Related Topics:  , , , , , , , ,